Health Care Executives of Southern California (HCE)
Just the Facts
- HCE is an independent, separate, not-for-profit 501(c)(6) organization.
- We are the local chapter of ACHE, a national organization based in Chicago which represents 82 chapters throughout the United States.
- When you become a member of ACHE and you live in one of the following 6 counties in Southern California – Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura – you also, automatically, become a member of HCE. You gain the benefits of both the national ACHE organization and, also, the benefits of your local HCE organization!
- ACHE has more than 40,000 members throughout the nation. Of these members, more than 1,500 are HCE members. We are one of the largest local chapters of ACHE.
If you are not a current ACHE affiliate, we encourage you to join by visiting https://www.ache.org/joinache.cfm
Non-members are welcome to attend our local chapter events. If you would like to be added to the HCE non-member mailing list to be notified of our upcoming programs and events, please visit our HCE Contact page.
There are different types of AHCE/ HCE members in Southern California
- 20% of our members are students, enrolled at the master’s degree (or above) level, studying healthcare
- 65% are professional members, including early careerists, mid-careerists, and C-suite executives
- 15% are fellows, or members who have taken steps to advance their career and their professional standing by pursuing the credential as a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives, or their FACHE
Being a Member of HCE also provides you the opportunity to take part in various networking activities with the Southern California healthcare community, which includes:
Aside from providing access to current speakers and topics, the meetings allow informal networking among your colleagues.
HCE produces a high quality, low cost seminar showcasing nationally known speakers on subjects of widespread interest.
HCE co-sponsors meetings with other professional organizations.
Who Belongs to HCE?
Founded in 1957, HCE is a professional organization whose membership includes a broad spectrum of health care executives in Southern California. HCE is affiliated with the Healthcare Association of Southern California (formerly the Hospital Council of Southern California) and is an independent local chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Supporting Our Members Through the Continuum of Professional Development
466 Foothill Boulevard, # 252
La Canada, CA 91011